Saturday, January 26, 2013

So it begins.

The biting winter cold, as usual, has left me uninspired and practically drooling all over myself while I eat endless bowls of popcorn and continue to create an even deeper dent in the couch cushions of my couch.

There must be an end to this slump. I told myself that splurging on a tablet would have to directly result in some productivity. So far, it has only amounted to an obsession with dowloading new apps and watching endless episodes of American Horror Story and How I Met Your Mother.

That ends today!

I have started to journal (in an app I finally like!) that has my little brain bursting at the seams with ideas for a blog. What would the subject be? How could I inspire myself with this blog? What would be my goal with writing it? Here were my "criteria":

- It has to be something that I want to write. My therapist tells me, "if you want to do something, you will do it. You want a blog? You would have done it already if you truly wanted to." Right? I think so.
- It has to be something that I can hold myself accountable for doing. I'm not going to say I need to write X amount of posts a week, but I can't slack.
- It has to better me as a person, in some way. There has to be a purpose other than a creative outlet!
- It will have a theme, but I can write whatever I want. It doesn't always have to be on subject.

My subject will be willpower.

Willpower. Something that I could not find in 2012, and that I will discover in 2013. So is the birth of "weeks of willpower".

Every week, I am going to start on Sunday with a pre-planned set of goals. They will be across multiple categories. If I can achieve these by the end of the week, I will reward myself with a little treat. I can continue with a goal the following week and turn it into a monthly goal, but I can't eat the elephant whole. I will work my way up to this.

No comments:

Post a Comment