Saturday, January 26, 2013

Week One!

The first set of goals, starting tomorrow!

Jan 27- Feb 2:

Food: Start small! Try no sweeteners for this entire week.

I am a huge advocate of "eating clean".  I try (in spurts) to avoid anything unnatural, but that's nearly impossible if I'm not holding myself accountable for it. I have a giant sweet tooth, but I have nixed the Diet soda already this year. That helps a ton, when I'm not craving a Monster to get me through a workout. This week, I will not have any sugar free coffee syrups, sugar free syrup in my oatmeal, Diet soda, SF candies, anything of that sort. If I want sweetness, I will add honey or I will add natural sugar.

Finances: Get system in line for tracking spending this month.

At the beginning of the year, I downloaded an app called "LearnVest". I think it's going to dramatically change the way I view my spending habits; it has already, but I haven't been so organized about it. This app allows you to safely link your checking and savings account so you can monitor your spending. Each transaction can be filed into a budgeted category, so you can see exactly where your spending occurs. This week, I want to get my budget and categories in line so that it is clearer where I spend most. Instead of "groceries", I want to have "groceries" and "toiletries"-- those toiletries seem to come all at once and make a huge difference on a grocery budget when included! I also need to figure out how to track my spending on things that are reimbursed through my company, like my wireless bill.

Fun: Write a hand-written letter to a friend.

Simple enough. I have a friend in Colorado that I think would much appreciate this. I will write her a letter this week in my very own handwriting and send it off to slowly make its way to the mountains.

Work: Study budget tools.

Boring. This one is just for me. Just something I need to focus on at work!

Reward: Buy a new app!

Yes, buy. Something very cool and productivity-producing. Or maybe it will just be a game. It's up to me!

No comments:

Post a Comment